The students are required to have a thorough study and understanding of the given comprehension/Unseen passage which may consist of one or more than one paragraphs. Also, the Unseen passages with Multiple Choice questions and answers following them constitute one of the highest weightage in the exam. The main purpose of this activity is to test the reading ability of the students and their intellectual skills.
You can refer to NCERT Solutions to revise the concepts in the syllabus effectively and improve your chances of securing high marks in your board exams.
Unseen Passage for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12
Short Unseen Passage with Questions and Answers in English
Tips for solving comprehension passages:
- Read the passage thoroughly. The reading should be quick.
- Focus on the relevant details and underline them with a pen or a pencil.
- Read the questions carefully and go back to the passage to find the answers.
- The answers are generally in a logical sequence.
- Try to write the answer in your own words.
- To find answers to the vocabulary-based questions like synonyms etc., replace the word with the meaning. If you find that it is the same in meaning, the answer is correct.
- To find the correct option in Multiple Choice Questions, go through all the options. Re-read the passage and then tick the correct option.