MCQ Questions for Class 8 English Chapter 7 The Open Window It So Happened
You will find MCQ Questions for Class 8 English Chapter 7 The Open Window It So Happened with answers will be useful in decluttering your mind and going to eliminate the unnecessary details from your study, thus ensuring that you’re not stuck on the problem. It will help you in shaping positive attitude towards your preparation. In the process of solving MCQ questions for Class 8 English, they develop their problem solving skills and take their preparation to the next level.
Chapter 7 The Open Window It So Happened MCQ Questions with answers online test will make you able to recollect the concepts what you have already studied. It will be useful in knowing your syllabus fully and managing time which play a significant role in every student’s preparation.
Chapter 7 The Open Window It So Happened MCQ Questions for Class 8 English
1. Mrs. Sappleton lived in a deserted place with her ________.
(d) All these
► (d) All these
2. The open window is mystery story full of ________.
(a) Thrill and romance
(b) Romance and romance
(c) Horror and suspense
► (c) Horror and suspense
3. Vera told her aunt that Mr. Framton had a horror of ________.
► (b) Dogs
4. The Vera told Framton about a ________.
(a) A family dispute
(b) Family mishap
(c) Ghost in the house
(d) None of these
► (b) Family mishap
5. For getting his nerves cured, to whom Mr. Nuttel calls?
(a) His family friend
(b) A family friend
(c) His father
(d) A stranger
► (b) A family friend
6. Who warned Mr. Framton Nuttel about going to the rural retreat for nerves cure?
(a) The niece of Mrs. Sappleton
(b) Mrs. Sappleton
(c) Mr. Nuttel’s sister
(d) Mrs Sappleton husband
► (c) Mr. Nuttel’s sister
7. What is the name of niece of Mrs. Sappleton?
► (d) Vera
8. Who gave Mr. Frampton the “Letters of introduction “for all the people?
(b) Husband of Mrs, Sappleton
(c) Mrs. Sappleton’s niece
(d) Sister of Mr. Nuttel
► (d) Sister of Mr. Nuttel
9. What is the meaning of word “Endeavoured”?
(a) Very happy
(b) Try to influence some one
► (c) Tried
10. What is the reason behind opening the window of the home wide open on an October afternoon?
(a) Because the aunt hear sweet songs from that window every October
(b) Because the poor aunt is sick
(c) Because the poor aunt always think her husband and her brother will come through that window
(d) The aunt has some mental disease
► (c) Because the poor aunt always think her husband and her brother will come through that window
11. How many years back, the tragedy happened to Mrs. Sappleton in which she lost her husband and two young brothers?
(a) Three years ago
(b) Four years ago
(c) Five years ago
(d) Two years ago
► (a) Three years ago
12. What is the meaning of ‘Falteringly’?
► (a) Shaky
13. Who was also among her husband and two youngest brothers when they were going for a shooting expedition?
(a) A small cat
(b) A white dog
(c) A brown spaniel
(d) A brown bear
► (c) A brown spaniel
14. What is the meaning of the word ‘Treacherous’?
► (d) Dangerous
15. For which purpose Mrs. Sappleton’s husband and young brother went to near the moor?
► (c) Shooting
16. What was the filling of Mrs. Framton when the aunt tells the story about her husband and her brother?
(a) It pleaded him
(b) It worsen his nerves
(c) He felt angry
(d) He felt humorous
► (b) It worsen his nerves
17. What was the husband of Mrs. Sappleton wearing, when they went for a shooting expedition?
(a) Black water proof coat
(b) A long hat
(c) White water proof coat
(d) Pant coat
► (c) White water proof coat
18. What kind of attention did Mrs. Sappleton give to Mr. Framton when he was telling about his disease to her?
(a) She gives a great attention to him
(b) She sleeps while talking to him
(c) She gives a very little attention
(d) She become angry
► (c) She gives a very little attention