MCQ Questions for Class 8 English Chapter 3 Glimpses of the Past Honeydew
You can find MCQ Questions for Class 8 English Chapter 3 Glimpses of the Past Honeydew with answers on this page that will help you in overcoming worries and contributing in great results. The extensive practice will help you in familiarizing with the pattern of questions and what type of question can appear in the exams. Through the help of MCQs Questions for Class 8 English, you will come up with a plan that works.
Chapter 3 Glimpses of the Past Honeydew MCQ Questions with answers online test will help you in shaping positive attitude towards your preparation. These one mark questions are very important in improving good score in exams.
Chapter 3 Glimpses of the Past Honeydew English MCQ Questions for Class 8
1. The religious leaders preached that anyone who crossed the seas _____.
(a) should be awarded
(b) should be punished
(c) would lose his religion
(d) none of these
► (c) would lose his religion
2. When did the British passed regulation -3?
► (a) 1818
3. The Indian princes were _____.
(a) far sighted
(b) short sighted
(d) none of these
► (b) short sighted
4. Who was the governor general of India during 1830?
(a) Lord Macaulay
(b) Lord Dalhousie
(c) Lord Bentick
(d) Lord Mountbatten
► (c) Lord Bentick
5. Raja Mohan Ray was a learned man from?
► (b) Bengal
6. What is the meaning of Glimpses?
(a) Brief look
► (a) Brief look
7. Who is extending its power with its superior weapons in 18th century?
(a) The British West India Company
(b) The British East India Company
(c) The British South India Company
(d) The British North India Company
► (b) The British East India Company
8. This chapter describes pictorial glimpses of the history of our country from _____.
(a) 1657 to 1757
(b) 1757 to 1857
(c) 1749 to 1848
(d) 1848 to 1941
► (b) 1757 to 1857
9. Who is call the English merchants?
(a) Ram Mohan Ray
(b) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(c) Lal Bahadur Shastri
(d) Rajah Bah
► (d) Rajah Bah
10. Being merchants, how to British earn quick profits?
(a) Heavy taxes forced to farmers
(b) Receive the funds from farmers every week
(c) Take lot of work from farmers
(d) Receive the funds from farmers every month
► (a) Heavy taxes forced to farmers
11. Why Ram Mohan Roy crossed the seas and went to England?
(a) For see how British earn lot of profit
(b) For see how British take hard work to farmers
(c) For see what made the British powerful
(d) For see what made the British successful
► (c) For see what made the British powerful
12. Macaulay said that, “we must convey our grievances to the _____.
(a) British Parliament
(b) Indian Leaders
(c) Indian Princes
(d) Indian Business men
► (a) British Parliament
13. What is describes in 1857 year?
(a) The fight for Freedom
(b) The Fight for Resources
(c) The fight against British
(d) The fight for our rights
► (a) The fight for Freedom
14. In which year, the British had conquered the whole of India?
► (b) 1856
15. The truth was that _____ because the British scorned them.
(a) Indian had fear to British
(b) Indian had don’t like to fight with British
(c) Indian were want to work with British
(d) Indian had lost self respect
► (d) Indian had lost self respect
16. “We should have Peshwa Nana Saheb asw our leader in this war of Independence” Azimula Khan told _____.
(a) the princes
(b) the kings
(c) his men
(d) Tatya Tope
► (d) Tatya Tope